Monday, December 14, 2009

Off to Sloan in snow storm...

This past Wednesday we had our first (well second) snow storm. We knew it was coming so we got up extra early to get the train. We left our house at 6:50 am and didn't arrive at the train station until 8:15 am. The driving conditions were horrible and subsequently we missed our train. Next train at 10:15. The ticket agent was very kind and gave us the same price for the reissues tickets. He could of charged us and additional $40. Good things will come him I'm sure. So we waited in the train station. Thankfully they have wireless access and I was able to work while Sandy facebooked. We called the office and let them know we were going to be late due to the storm. We arrived in the city at 12:30 and jumped in a cab over to the the office. They quickly drew my blood and then shortly there after I saw my oncologist. "Everything is going along great" he said "from our perspective you are doing great and have nothing to worry about". Nice news to hear. Chemo was prescribed and I was off to see the surgeon for a follow up. She was happy to see the wound and its healing progress. She mentioned that I could consider thinking about the reversal of the ostomy. This is something that I'm anxious to do but I'll have to talk it over with my oncologist. I think that we'll wait and see what happens with the current chemo regimen and if I get to resection then we'll do both procedures in one shot.
I'm back to work now and its been Ok so far. I am very tired by the end of the day and usually I'm in bed shortly after Olivia (9PM). This past treatment was little rough and I spent most of the weekend in bed. I worked from home on Monday. I'm hoping I feel up to going into the office on Tuesday.
We also got our bill for the copay from Sloan today complete with a 20% discount. Totally unexpected and certainly welcome. Cancer is expensive to treat and to live with. I thank my lucky starts that I have the means and a good job that enables us to afford it. I can't imagine what it would be like if we didn't have insurance.

Thanks to everyone who reads my posts. Sometimes I feel like they are so self centered but I guess you guys want to know what's going on in my life. So with that thank you all for your support and encouragement. Have a happy holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment