Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

I had a treatment scheduled for Wednesday, yes that Wednesday the one where everyone is traveling. We boarded the crowded 8:05 to NYC and off we went. Al was well until we reached Yonkers and the conductor announced that there was a derailed train on the tracks and we could go no further. Many folks on the train were a little PO'ed about this as they were going to miss connections etc. They off loaded everyone and an MTA train took us to Grand Central. We arrived at about 11:35 and we quickly got a cab over to the clinic. We made the appointment in time and the doc actually saw us on time. I guess he wanted to leave on time too. The treatment went well and I had very little side effects this time around. We booked the 8:50 to Albany because all the earlier trains were sold out. We were out of the clinic by 4:00 and went to dinner at a Peking Duck House down the street. After dinner we headed over to the station to wait for our train. We tried to get on the 7:15 but the ticket agent told us no shot. So we waited...and finally got home at midnight.

Thanksgiving day was great. We went to my brother's place for dinner. It was good to spend time with the family and friends. Everyone was well fed and happy at the end of the day.

I am thankful for a loving and supportive wife, a healthy and sweet daughter, an awesome and caring family, a professional and knowledgeable health care team, a great employer and so many great friends. Most of all I am thankful for being on the right road and with every one's help and love I know I will be able overcome any challenges thrown my way. HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment