Friday, January 15, 2010

It's a New Year!

Well its a new year and I'm looking forward to enjoying life and spending time with those who make me happy. Specifically family and friends.

So the treatment I had in early December really knocked me down. My liver was pretty well fried and was no processing properly. I declined the 2nd treatment in December and my doctor readily agreed. I needed a break. I went back down to Sloan last week and got the treatment. Pump was filled and systemic was administered albeit at a lower dose. The lower dose has definitely agreed with me. I felt great and didn't have any of the nasty side effects with the exception of a slight mouth sore which I'm trying to fight off with salt water rinses and swish.

Work is going well and with the new style 48 hour infusion pump I am able to go into the office instead of working from home. Our company is doing great and growing rapidly despite the current economic climate. I feel very lucky and blessed to have landed here. The lord works in mysterious ways and I know that I was given this opportunity on purpose.

Family life is great. Sandy and Olivia have been going to various play groups in order to escape the confines of our home. Sandy redecorated and painted our bed room recently and did a great job. We installed a back up generator on our house. Now if the power goes out the generator automatically starts and powers a sub set of circuits in our house. Bring on the ice storms we're ready.

Well thats all I have for now. I'm enjoying my long 4 day weekend, went to an antique show today, going to dinner and movies with Sandy tommorow and who knows what for Sunday and Monday.

Thanks for all your prayers and support.

1 comment:

  1. We're always interested in your progress, praying for the best of everything for you. Love, Fred & Mary

    ReplyDelete